Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lemon Curd & Homemade Bread


These are 2 of my favorite things. Lemon Curd & Homemade Bread. Two of the most delectable things on this earth. I am sure that most of you have had homemade bread at one time or another but what about lemon curd? We had a nice surprise this morning when Grandpa Turley popped by to bring us a loaf of his homemade bread. This special occasion called for the making of lemon curd. We have a lemon tree and so that was easy to do. Boy is it good stuff.

4 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

what exactly is Lemon Curd? It looks like pudding....would love to know more about it :)

Turleygirl said...

You can actually buy lemon curd at the store in the jam/jelly section. I like to make it because it is usually expensive to buy. Eggs, sugar, butter & lemon juice. It tastes like the lemon section of a merengue pie....yummy, huh? It can be refrigerated for 2-3 weeks (ours doesn't usually last that long)

Mandy said...

I need that recipe.... We have a lemon gree too. Looks yummy...

Bev said...

I'll have to give this a try this weekend. We have tons of lemons that someone gave us. I'm going to squeeze them and freeze it, but I must try lemon curd too. Now, if we just had a grandpa Turley to make us home made bread. Aren't you the lucky ones!!