Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Nana has passed away



Tonight around 10:15 Monreve Hardy passed on to the other side. We know that she is happy & free of the pain she has felt for many years. She is with her eternal companion and that is a wonderful thing. She will certainly be missed. This is a poem that she wrote for our Trevon Oliver this past year as he reminded her of her dear husband Warren Oliver.



To Trevon Oliver
I know a special boy
Who has his Grandpa’s name
His legs are long & lanky
And their ears are just the same.
He has some curly hair
Like Papa, he’s loving & kind
I don’t think there’s anyone
More like him I could find.
So, Trevon Oliver
As you grow into a man
Sometimes think of Papa
And do the best you can.
I know he’s up there somewhere
Watching what you do
But I know if he were here
He’d say, “I’m very proud of you.”
Written by Trevon’s Nana, Monreve Hardy

3 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

So sorry to hear that news. She sounds like a really neat lady. That poem is amazing...what a treasure for Trevon to have something like that. It is always hard to lose someone even when they are aged....I will keep you in my prayers.

The Welker Family said...

I think that is one of the neastes poems that I have ever read. How special is that going to be for Trevon to look at through his life? What a neat grandma. I'm sure that she will be missed.

Malisa Hansen said...

I will miss Nana very much i love her so much and i am very excited for the opportunity i get to see her and Papa and Elis Lynn again. Thankgoodness for forever families.