Friday, October 31, 2008

Fieldtrip with Camdon

Don't ask me what I did to get these pictures in such a crazy order because I have no idea. Anyhow, I went on a fieldtrip with Camdon's class today. It was super fun and very educational. We went to an Arizona state park, 'Boyce Thompson Arboretum'. We learned all about trees, bushes, leaves and fun things that grow. Below is the group that I was over. They were good boys. Dallin, Elijah, Camdon, Jacob & Dallin.















Studying the leaves and trying to group similar kinds. They also got to do some artwork with leaves. It was pretty cool. Camdon has decided that this is what he wants to do now when he grows up. Our guide was great, very friendly.







We got to see some really neat things. Look at this tree with the roots growing above ground.

We thought that the bark on this tree was so interesting.












A view of the mountains & a sun we found painted on the ground.





Another view of the mountains & some beautiful wildflowers that the butterflies really liked.



Oh, and just an interesting side note. The last time I went to this place was when I was in elementary school on a field trip. Weird, huh?

2 comments:

pete/chris whipple said...

What beautiful pictures and great memories for you and Camdon!

Wyatts said...

I totaly remember going to that place and they are not so good of memories. I started to slip down a trail and grabed a cactus to stop. ouch! But I do remember it being beautiful.