Saturday, January 10, 2009

I LOVE THIS MAN

This is one of the greatest Dads in the whole wide world. Jaron will be going to Mountain Man Rendevous in the Spring. The boys have been working on these capotes (coat) for several months now and needed to move on to other things. So, his leader organized for all of the mom's to meet this morning to finish up the making of the capotes. It really is quite an undertaking. Well, I was scheduled to work today so I asked Richard to go in my place and he agreed. It turned out that I am still trying to get over this crud so I wasn't able to go to work or help with the capote. So, last night Richard dug out the sewing machine and I gave him a crash course on sewing that was all of 10 minutes long. He got up at 6:30 this morning and headed to the church with a bunch of Mom's and made Jaron's capote. He didnt get home until about 12:30 and then he worked on it for a couple more hours. Here he is below at home just a sewing away, bless his heart. I have just never been more in love or proud and the finished product is amazing. You are a superb Dad and a fabulous husband. I LOVE YOU!!!
Here is Jaron modeling the capote
(It just needs 2 buttons & it is done)
He even lined the coat since the outside is wool including the pockets which are lined as well.
Impressive, eh?


4 comments:

Jerry said...

A mom couldn't be prouder of a son. I agree he is a great dad, son and husband. This reminds me of when your Dad sewed all of us red PJs for Christmas one year. Love ya, Mom (Jerry)

Tamra and Jim said...

what a good husband and father you latched onto. He's one great guy. He's lucky to have you, too.

pete/chris whipple said...

Wow Richard that is so neat! You know I would have done it for Jaron also.. but way to go Dad!

Wyatts said...

Impressive Richard! Just add that to the list of "talents"! You can do it all! I'm being serious too, Richard.