Monday, February 2, 2009

Snow Campout

Trevon's scout group recently went on a snow campout. It would certainly not be something that I would enjoy doing but they sure had fun! Richard is one of the leaders over his age and it is nice that they get to do things together. Here is Trevon setting up camp.
Here they are trying to stay warm. The mother in me really comes out in this picture and I want to say, "Where are your shoes & socks?"
Oh, here they are. Drying their socks on the fire.


Uh huh, this is what happens when you put your sock to close to the fire. My dad always calls them Geacons inplace of Deacons. Pretty fitting in this case, dont you think?

Trevon & friends


It's funny when you get around fire, everyone seems to lose track of time and you could just sit there for hours staring at the fire and talking. I do love that about camping.

They got to go sledding. Here they are climbing back up the hill.


Notice that Trevon is knee deep in the snow. Brigham has lost one of his shoes, is walking on his pantleg and carrying his shoe. Geacons, I tell you.
Some of the group.

Trevon lost his shoe in one of the trek's back up the mountain.
Here it is full of snow.


Richard getting ready to go down.
They built a wall for a snow ball fight I think. Trevon holding the white flag probably so his dad wouldn't clobber him with snowballs.

They realized in the morning that they had set up their tent right on top of a little stream. If you click on the picture you can see it better. See what I mean about the Geacons.


This is Bro. Morris, Trevon's scoutmaster. He does a great job!

4 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

Oh my gosh Marcy....I sure hope they had fun because first of all none of them look dressed appropriately for the snow (its the Utah mom in me) second of all, they are burning their socks, losing their shoes and sleeping on top of water in the middle of winter in the snow!!! They are lucky no one suffered from Hypothermia! Geacons is right....too funny.

pete/chris whipple said...

They absolutely looked as tho they had a ball!!!!! I loved the picture of Richard..Trevons pics were all so awesome and the one of the tent on the stream...oh my gosh!

Wyatts said...

Only your Trevon. Too funny.

SharaDawn & Jonathan said...

Marcy, the pictures are great. Oh the memories they bring back. Boys! what fun. Believe me there is still more outrageous fun to be had. I don't think it ever ends however, even when they are grown up. Travis (my oldest - age 26)threw my Zach (my youngest - age 6)down a the snowy slows spinning on a tube where he lost his hat, gloves, and shoes. Enjoy! SharaDawn