Thursday, February 26, 2009

The letter 'F'

A friend of mine did this on her blog and I thought that it was really fun so I said I would do it. How it works is you have to think of 10 things that you love or are thankful for that begin with a letter. She assigned me the letter F. I had a hard time narrowing it to just 10. Here goes.
FAMILY - I am most grateful for my family. I love the family that I grew up with and the family that I married into. I treasure the family that Richard and I have created together. Our boys are the best! I love the knowledge that I have that we can be a family forever. Most of you know that we lost a daughter a few years ago, her name is Memry and I am so happy that we have her as a part of our FAMILY. I have also lost 2 sisters, Melissa and Courtney and I can hardly wait to see them all again.


FRIENDS - From the time I was very young I have been blessed with GOOD FRIENDS. My good friend Marcie Mills and I became friends when we were just 3 years old. Since we were both Marcy's we gave eachother nicknames. She was M&M's and I was Milky Way since this matched our initials. Cute, huh? In high school I had lots of friends but 4 made a great impact on my life. Rikki, Sandy, Nicole & Wendi were the bestest of friends. I still have really great FRIENDS who build me up and bring out the best in me. A girl just couldn't ask for better friends than Tiffany Shepherd and Marcy Burr to name a couple. Here are some of my girlfriends below on a retreat we took to Paisley's house.


FUN - I really like to have fun. Disneyland is one of my favorite places to go. Although Disneyworld is the best, I have been lucky enough to go there twice. I love to have parties and we do quite frequently for no reason other to have FUN! Some things that I consider fun are; camping, games, crafting, decorating, family time, pranks, baking (as long as I don't have to clean up the mess) are just a few.


FABRIC - I really like beautiful fabric. My favorite would have to be chenille. I absolutely love the feel of it, the look of it, the texture of it and it's beautiful as well.
FARMS - Well, the obvious reason would be because of all the great food we get from farms. But, look at that picture. Couldn't you just live there? I have secretly always had the desire to live on a farm. To grow our own food, to have lots of animals to take care of. To live a simple, down to earth life. Wouldn't that be the greatest. I think I could really get used to it.

FUNERALS - Now please don't go thinking that I am morbid or anything. I know that it sounds really weird but hear me out. Ok, we are all going to die at some point, it's just inevitable. So, funerals will always be, why not enjoy them. Yes, I usually cry through most of them but I still find joy in them. Funerals are often like a big family reunion. It is sad that it sometimes takes a death to bring everyone together but nevertheless it does. I love hearing the life story of the deceased. I always learn so much at each person's funeral that I have attended. I just think it is fascinating to hear all that they accomplished with their life. Plus, everyone remembers all of the good about this person so funerals can be such a positive thing. Also, there is usually a special spirit of comfort that surrounds the family during this difficult time and I love to feel that spirit of our Savior and the peace that it can bring if you let it in. See, I'll bet you like funerals now too, right?

FICTION - Well, I love to read and I love a good book. Some of my favorites are The Bartimous Trilogy, Harry Potter series, Fablehaven series, Pendragon, Twilight series, Spiderwick, Nicholas Sparks books, Magyk series, The Hatchet series, just to name a few. I like to get lost in the world of make believe once in a while.

FREEDOM - I am so thankful to live in a country that celebrates freedom. I am thankful to our service men and women and the sacrifices that they each make for us. I am thankful that we have the right to choose almost everything that allows us to be ourselves and do what makes us happy. I also love to celebrate the fourth of July. I think it is such a fun holiday. Parades & Picnics. Fireworks & Family. Celebrating it in a small town like the one I grew up in makes it even better. I still remember waking up on the morning of the fourth and being so excited (almost like it was Christmas) and looking forward to all that would happen this day. I even got to be in quite a few parades and it is so much fun. Try it sometime.
FEMININE - I love being female and all that comes with that. I love to celebrate that I am a girl. I like the color pink and long hair. I like lace and pretty ribbons. I like to receive flowers from my husband or kids or anyone for that matter. I like that I get to be a mother and a wife, two of my greatest joys. I love that I got to be the one to carry our children. I love that being nurturing is something that women have built into us. I love to have someone open a door for me. I love that I am the only girl in my house, they take such good care of me. I love to cook for my family and take good care of them as well. I love to sleep in silk pajamas or in silk sheets. Yes, being a girl is a wonderful thing.
FLOWERS - I do love flowers but let me clarify one thing here. I love all kinds of flowers but I especially love the kind that has been grown in your own yard. I especially love the kind that you can plant in your yard after enjoying them for a few days. I love a bright mix of flowers like the one's pictured below. They just can't help but cheer you up.


So, there are my 10 things that I love that start with the letter F. If you would like to play, leave me a comment and I will assign you a letter as well. Come on, you know you want to play. Oh, and you don't have to do pictures with it, I just thought the pictures were a fun addition.




4 comments:

pete/chris whipple said...

That was wonderful to read! Thanks for sharing, I learned new things about my daughter! I love you because your "familiar, funny, fabulous, frilly and a fine" filly!(female baby horse)

Bev said...

I love what you did to that! You are so creative!!! I learned a lot about you too! Fun, huh?

Wendi said...

I want to play!!! Give me a really good letter, well they all are good. Thanks marcy for making my day better. I love being your friend.

Wyatts said...

Hey Marcy I am so behind on blogging! Enjoyed the read. Talk with you soon!