Saturday, February 21, 2009

The cruise was awesome!


Last night was our ward party. It was really alot of fun. We took a cruise on the USS Relation"ship". Richard was our cruise director and he played the part so well. It was great!!!
Some might say that the Turley's practically put the whole show on. Here is Teagan who was part of the entertainment and also a cousin. This is what happens when your aunt/mom/grandma/motherinlaw is the ward activities director.


This beautiful fruitfall was done by Marcy Burr and it looked amazing.


My darling niece Torrin and her cute friend Zoe performed several dance numbers together. They were a highlight of the evening.


Jaron & Trevon were two of the waiters for the evening. Ofcourse I didnt get Jaron in a picture but here is Trevon.


I got to be the lucky one who decorated for the evening. It was actually pretty simple but elegant. The Orange Patch let me borrow some things which was very nice. Thanks a bunch, Orange Patch. What it all came down to is, Finding Joy in the Journey.





Sister McClellan painted 14 portholes that we put around the room. They were each amazing but I chose two of my favorites to show you.








I thought this one was neat because she painted our ward name on the ship.







We had a place to take a picture of each couple or person who came to the party. I got to be the photographer for this as well. Here are Ray & Jerry.








Howard, Tiff & Tatum came as well.












Kellie was our special speaker. She did an Awesome job. We talked about relationships. Not just marital but family, co-workers, neighbors, ward family, and so on. The most important relationship being the one that we have with our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ.









Jim & Carrie came to party with us.












Richard & Marcy had a great evening and are better people for having attended this great event.






4 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

How fun! That is a really nice picture of you and Richard!

Bev said...

What a fun party!!! Great pictures of everyone....love Buster and Jerry in the red! I know how much work must have gone into that party....but from the looks on your faces it was all worth it!

Wyatts said...

How fun! I love the idea! and I could so picture Richard as the cruise director. Too funny. The video below of the woman drivers is funny too.

Hina Schneider said...

What a fun night. I love the madri gras outfit richard wore. Wow! I didn't know sister McClellan was so talented.