Monday, November 3, 2008

What a fun day


Today was a special treat for me because I got to watch my niece, Tatum. She is such a sweet little girl. She has a very calm personality and she is just a joy to take care of. I especially like this picture of her because you can see her big, blue eyes. She really is a darling. There aren't many days that I stay home and so the other benefits of having her was that I really got alot done. I took down all of my Halloween decor and put up the fall. The fall colors are so beautiful and I enjoy the beauty it brings. I also made homemade chicken noodle soup (even homemade noodles). This was a favorite when I was a kid growing up. I make it mostly how my Mom did with just a few touches of my own. Well, my kids also love this and I don't make it all that often. They have been asking for it for about a month now. They were pleasantly surprised to come home to this dinner favorite. I guess putting out the fall decor put me in the mood for a nice fall meal. Thanks Tatum for keeping me home today, my kids thank you also. You are a sweetheart!

4 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

She is a cutie....Im thinking you need to start a recipe blog cause I would sure love to have that soup recipe along with the homemade noodles! Yum!

Amber Howard said...

Tatum is so darling. I bet its fun to have a girl around every once in a while. Your halloween costumes are FAB. I heard about them from my mom, she thought you guys looked so good. Your ward party sounds like it was a lot of fun, I guess we should have gone.

Wyatts said...

I wish it was that easy. You make staying home easy. Well ok sometimes it is and sometimes I wonder what I even got done. I would love your recipe too!

Farnes Family said...

Brytli belongs to my sister.