Friday, November 21, 2008

Part 1 & Part 2

Part 1
So, today after school I hear through the kitchen window Camdon calling to me. I ask what he needs and he says, 'Mom, I think you will want to get a picture of this'. Oh, he knows me so well. Anyhow, he was just out sitting with our dog Molly and thought it would make a great picture and it sure did. Thanks son! He sure loves this dog and heads straight out there almost every day.
Molly is obnoxious & wild & chews lots of stuff up. But, we love her anyway.
Part 2
So, we are having Thanksgiving at our house this year and we work really well under deadlines. It has been a good thing because it has motivation to get our dining room done or atleast mostly done before the holiday. I told Richard at the beginning of the week that if he would get the tape & texturing done by Thursday then I would paint over the weekend. He left this afternoon for a Scout overnighter with Jaron, Trevon, & many other boys. Well, I went to the store, got the paint, came home and started it. Wow, it's alot of work, painting. I worked at it for over an hour when I decided I sure could use some help. I called my brothers Tim & Kiff. They were actually out to dinner with my Dad (Mom is o.o.t.) but they agreed to come over after dinner. They were a huge help! It saved me hours of work. Kiff actually has worked as a painter before and they both were really good and made my efforts thus far look minimal. I would still be painting if hadn't been for the help. My Dad even came over for a bit and helped also. We got the primer on and now the actual color should go on so fast.

I think I have decided to paint the doors a chocolate brown. This will be the color of my curtains and think it will blend nicely. I didn't think about getting pictures when they were all here but below are some pictures of my brothers. Thanks guys!!!





Tim at Christmas last year.




Kiff in September







4 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

How nice of your brothers. Painting is hard work! How exciting to be nearly finished with a room. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving in your new dining room!

Tamra and Jim said...

wow you had some good help today. we decided to hang a new front door today and it almost caused a divorce. haha we called jim's nephew and he was the best help ever. he had it hung perfectly in record time. amazing to me!

pete/chris whipple said...

I didn't hear about this project til I read your post! Good thinking to call your good brothers, they are usually so willing to be there when needed. The room is getting beautiful!

Wyatts said...

Yay, I can't wait to see it. That was nice of the boys to come help too!