Saturday, August 29, 2009

My Sister Melissa


I often think of my sister Melissa Delree but today is one of those days when she is on my mind a little more. Today is her birthday and she would be 31 years old. She passed away in 1996 from complications to Leukemia. She was a fun, baby loving, quick tempered, free spirited, beautiful young lady who left us to early. We have had some choice experiences over the years since her death. Reminders that she is still there and waiting for us all. Looking forward to that day Melissa. Sure do love and miss you!

7 comments:

Wyatts said...

You described her to a T. Loved your post. Sisters are great and I'm glad I still have you! But it will be fun when we are all reunited again!

The Filhart Family said...

Have you ever heard of the dime story? Your post made me think of it. If you haven't I'll have to tell it to you and how it has affected our family since my nephew passed away last year.

Lisa said...

Marcy, she is beautiful just like you. Her spirit is with you always.

Tamra and Jim said...

She is a beautiful girl. Look at that hair!! I know there will be a terrific reunion one of these days! It will be awesome for all of you.

pete/chris whipple said...

Sweet sister...sweet post.

Vanessa Shannon said...

What a pretty young woman she had become...sad that she had to go so soon. I always wish I could have seen her and visited with her before she went on....one day I'll get the chance :)

Mandy said...

Still miss that girl. I often dream about her.. always the same dream. I loved her and we always stayed friends even with the distance. I can't wait to see her again:)