Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The boys are growing up

Today was the 1st day of school for the boys. I personally love summer break!!! I love having my children home with me all day. It went by too quickly and I was home today wondering where the summer went. Regardless of how I feel they headed off to begin a new year. I have one in Elementary, one in Jr. High and one in High School. My morning and afternoon was spent doing lots of driving. I won't be driving each of them every day which is good.
Camdon is in 4th grade this year and it is his 1st time to have a man for a teacher. He was a little nervous this morning because he had heard stories about how mean this teacher was. When he got home he said that he had actually enjoyed school today and his teacher wasn't so bad afterall.
Trevon began his second year of Jr. High. He is in 8th grade. He is taking an 'A' hour this year and doing Jazz Band. We had to make some schedule changes for him after school today to make this happen. He will also do the lunch group boys choir again. He is pretty excited about these two things.
Jaron is in the 10th grade and is going to a new school this year. He was a little apprehensive about finding his classes and all that business. His schedule is messed up and needs some changes but they have been so swamped in the counseling office that they haven't gotten to him yet. He is not enjoying attending classes he will not be in. Hopefully tomorrow they will get it all straightened out.

I got to go to lunch with some girlfriends today so all in all it was a pretty good day.


5 comments:

pete/chris whipple said...

I loved all 3 pics of the boys! The first day of school...ahhhh...such sweet memories for me and bittersweet at the same time.(cause their past) Hope they have a great year and that Jaron gets his schedule all worked out.

sarahtuckett said...

Wow.... you will be busy with all three schools! Ryan had a great 1st day, I can't believe they are at Red Mountain!

Tamra and Jim said...

I remember those days. Seems like a long time ago! One year we had one in HS, one in Jr High, one in intermed, and one in primary school. It was crazy. Then one year we had three in high school. That was crazy, too. Amazing how time flies! Your boys sure are growing up.

LaDonna said...

Wow, the boys look so much older
My first "man teacher" was in 4th grade too! He was awesome though and I'm glad Camdon likes his alright.
I just got Chandler into the "A" hr band class too and he has regular band 2nd hour. He didn't mention if he was doing the lunch hr choir but it sounds like the boys will be having some fun!
Good times ahead for you...
Yay for carpools haha

Jerry said...

What cute boys!! Grandma T. sure loves them. I well remember trying to take pictures of my 3 boys on their first day of school, especially the first day of school in Mesa. No one was smiling.