Friday, May 22, 2009

Longing for the Beach

I read an article tonight that caught my eye. It was this years top ten beaches. This beach was one of them and it just looks so beautiful to me. I love to lay on the beach and feel the warm sun. The sand between my toes. Taste the salt in my mouth. Read a book, play in the water, look for shells. Relax, that is the best part of the beach. Yes I am longing for the beach tonight.
Well, heres what the article said and I thought not only does it look enticing but the article was intriguing as well.
Hamoa Beach, Maui, Hawaii: Rimmed by cliffs and covered by coconut palm trees and flowering vegetation, this crescent beach, a mixture of coral and lava sand, is the most famous of Maui’s Hana beaches. To get to Hamoa Beach, drive the "Road to Hana," the treacherous highway with drop-offs of more than 1,000 feet, sporadic guardrails and more than 50 one-way bridges. Ernest Hemingway once said that Hamoa Beach was the world’s best beach, but it’s only no. 5 on this year's list.

3 comments:

Purple Echo said...

Come on over, I'll take you to the beach.

Shauna

Jerry said...

That beach is beautiful. You describe my kind of heaven.The road to Hana is the most beautiful drive, I think, of all the islands.

Vanessa Shannon said...

mmmmmm....the beach. I would really like to be in that picture right now! I want to go to Hawaii so badly....one day :) There is nothing more relaxing than closing your eyes and listening to the waves crash onto the shore. Thats what I loved about living in Monterey, California! Hey did you get my email about buying bows for Addie to help the boys get to Jamboree? Seriously...I want to help even if its just a little bit!