Sunday, May 10, 2009

In honor of our Mothers

On this happy day of celebrating Mothers we'd like to say a few things about ours. This is my Mother as a little girl. Isn't she just darling? You can just see the joy for life in her eyes and the smile is contagious.
and here she is now. Again you can see the joy for life and that contagious smile is still there. Once a little girl, now a Mother & Grandmother but still the same person inside. She is very giving of her time and loves to be a part of her children & grandchildren's lives. I love this about her. She will support you in any way that she can. I am thankful for her teachings about keeping a home. The comfort and peace that can be found there. A place of refuge. She always cooked from scratch and some of my favorite recipes that I use today are from her. She is a great cook. One saying I loved that my Mom said alot was 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.' I love you Mom! Marcy

Here is Richard's Mom as a little girl. When I look into her face I can see the great lady that I know and love today. She has a quiet innocence about her. You can see & feel the sweetness about her.
Here she is now. Again, some things never change. She is still that sweet & innocent girl that she has always been. She just doesn't see flaws in anyone, which is what I mean when I say quiet innocence. She see's goodness in all & to this day I have never heard her speak ill of anyone. Richard has said time & again that he is so grateful for the work ethic that was instilled in him as a child. He learned how to work hard & this has paid off well for him in life. One thing he repeats often that his mother always said was 'Be where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be there.' Thanks Mom for living a life of goodness, always serving others. I love you. Richard





6 comments:

Tamra and Jim said...

What a nice tribute to your moms. Both raised some good kids!

Vanessa Shannon said...

That is such a cute picture of your mom! I love Mothers Day dont you? Not just for me as a mom but because I get to remember why I love mine so much! Hope you had a great Mothers Day Marcy!

pete/chris whipple said...

Thanks for being the best mother! You have been an awesome example to your younger brothers and sisters! Thanks for a wonderful Mother's day!

Jamielyn said...

They both seem so sweet. Happy Mothers Day!

p.s. Thanks for the cookies, they were delicious!

Mandy said...

What a nice tribute. How cute they both were. I see your mom in all of you and your siblings.. How fun!

Vicki Johnson said...

This is a lovely post. You are such a thoughtful person, I am so happy to be getting to know you better!

It meant so much to me that you checked out my blog and left a comment!!

I am soo excited for the concert also. See you there!