Friday, September 12, 2008

My Sister by Trevon Turley

Trevon is a published author. Today we received the book with his poem in it. Congratulations Trevon. We are so proud of you and the great kid that you are.
Below is his poem.
My Sister
I have a sister most people don't know this.
She died when she was still in my Mom's tummy.
My parents gave us the news one day after school.
After they told us my big brother got up
and went to his room.
My little brother got up and sat by my Mom.
I just sat there, I felt something inside,
It was a longing, a longing for her.
My Mom named her Memry
because she's just a memory to us.
I constantly feel a longing for a sister.
I have one but not one to hold my hand,
not one to annoy me, not one to make real memories.
My Aunt told me she was needed in heaven
and that's why she's not here today.
Sometimes I cry at night because I miss her.
But I know I will see her again.

5 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

Oh Marcy. That is so sweet. He is a great kid and so good at expressing himself. Thanks for sharing something so personal.

pete/chris whipple said...

You will see her again!! Along with 2 wonderful Aunts who love you!

Wyatts said...

That is sooo good Trevon. So talented! She is lucky to have a great family to look forward to getting to know...soon!

Kae said...

Wow, I have started to cry. Trevon is so talented. I'm not surprised he was published.

Mandy said...

Marcy, that is so sweet. What a special thing for him to write. Helps us keep our perspective.