Saturday, September 27, 2008

Addition Update

If you know us very well you know that we are still working on our addition. This is to be our new dining room and we are getting closer to it being done. I am very excited about this! The guy from the city is coming on Monday to pass off our electrical. Once this is done we can put up the insulation, sheet rock & drywall it. We already have all the material including the tile for the floor. Oh, could it be possible that it could be done by Halloween? That is my goal anyway, I just have to convince Richard. He has been working so hard on this house and I really appreciate him & his many talents. He has needed a break from the house especially with the heat of the summer. The above picture is from one end to the other end. The picture below is from the side looking into the doorway which used to be a window & that table is going bye, bye. I have the sheets up just for now to help control the dust a little. It does seem to help.


4 comments:

pete/chris whipple said...

It's coming!!! I am sure you will all be thrilled to be in the new dining room! Richard you are doing great on the addition!

Vanessa Shannon said...

How exciting! I cant wait til its all done....hopefully I can see it in person one day. Love the new look of your blog!

Turleygirl said...

Hey thanks, and I hope you can see it in person as well. As a matter of fact, I hope to feed you dinner from it someday.

Tamra said...

hi Marcy. I like the idea of hanging up a sheet to control the dust. I should try that. We're under construction, not as major as yours, but it sure can cause a huge mess. Yours will be so nice. and by the way, I LOVE the colors on your blog. That green is the same as I am painting my bedroom and bathroom. I love it on your blog as much as on my walls!