Friday, August 29, 2008

Missing Melissa

Today is my sister Melissa's birthday. She would be 30 years old today if she were still alive. She died in 1996 at the age of 17. She was battling Leukemia.
I miss her very much.
She was the cutest little thing as you can see.
These pictures sure bring back good memories.

I just love that sweet little face.

This is one of my favortie pictures of her.

Couldn't you just pinch those cheeks.

This is one the last pictures we have her before she passed away. I think that she is absolutely beautiful. Jaron was the only grandchild when she died and she adored him. She was a spunky thing and I sure do miss that. When I look at her pictures I can still hear her voice and I am glad for that. Thinking of you today and always.

5 comments:

pete/chris whipple said...

She was lucky to have good sisters.mom

Vanessa Shannon said...

Im sure this is a hard day each year but its good that you all share such great memories of her. She is eagerly waiting to see you all again, arent you glad to have that knowledge? I know I am.... Love you guys.

Wyatts said...

I'm glad you got some from when she was little. I just spent two hours searching through mine and found just older ones. Cute post! She sure was special! Miss her!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I like yours too! Your boys are all so cute. Trevon looks like Kif to me. I think of Melissa every now and then too. She was spunky for sure. I can just see her rolling her eyes at LoraLeigh all the time, and remember sharing clothes with her. She is so beautiful. She had such a great smile! It's funny on the 29th, I was thinking all day that their was something significant on that day and I checked my calander several times trying to figure out what I was missing. Hmmm. Good job on your post. Virg

Amber Howard said...

Sweet tribute to your sister. I'm sure she appreciates it. She was/is so pretty. I bet you can't wait to see her again.