Saturday, July 26, 2008

Camp LoMia

Richard & I just rececntly returned from Girls Camp where we cooked for approximately 285 for 5 days along with 2 other couples. It was soooo much work but it was also soooo much fun. The food turned out great and those girls ate & ate & ate. I have a new appreciation for my in-laws who did this for numerous years. We basically worked 18 hours a day. There is a fun group picture of the 6 of us who were in the kitchen but I will have to scan it in when my mom gets back in town as she has a scanner & I do not.
Richard, stirring Alfredo sauce
Katie & Diana cooking away

4 comments:

The Jarvis Family said...

So fun to see you at camp. The food was amazing. Loved your blog and seeing your family.

Sonda Bryce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sonda Bryce said...

So I am the one who deleted the comment. It was posting with a new identity... anyway, I can't believe you cooked for 285 people. I get nervous and crazy around 4:30 every day trying to figure out what to feed my little crew. You are awesome! Sonda

Vanessa Shannon said...

Wow. I doubt I could ever do that. Now, I could bake desserts for that many people easy, but meals? No way. By the way I really enjoyed the visit with your parents and the concert! Jaron is a GREAT kid. You and Richard should be very proud of him and yourselves for raising such a neat kid. Seriously, I was so impressed.