Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend getaway

This past weekend we had a much needed getaway. It was great! We got lots of rest and relaxation. Every year at our anniversary we debate as to whether we should celebrate Father's Day or our anniversary. This year we took the kids with us and had a blast with them.
Camdon and I overlooking the balcony.
Richard and I looking a wee bit red. Lots of time by the pool will do that to you.


10 hours of sun + no sunscreen = very painful sunburn.
Not very smart on my part. This picture really doesn't do it justice but trust me when I say that I am hurting in a bad way.

We enjoyed watching HGTV and all of the home shows.
Trevon walking up to the resort we stayed in.
This is a view of the courtyard, it was a really beautiful place. Very family friendly. They had two pools and one was designed with kids in mind. They had a lazy river that floated around the resort. This is where I spent the majority of my time, reading on the lazy river. I was able to finish my book but with that came the really painful sunburn. They also have a 100 ft water slide there. We all enjoyed that, especially the kids.
Richard & the boys.

9 comments:

Wyatts said...

Looks like it was fun and relaxing (too relaxing with sunburns) even Camdon looks sunburned. Glad you all had fun!

Vanessa Shannon said...

Looks like fun but you never mentioned where you went! Where is this resort?

Jamielyn said...

How fun! Looks like you guys had a great time. I hate getting sunburned...man I'm sorry! Probably the most annoying pain ever! What was the name of the resort? It sounds like a fun one.

Turleygirl said...

It was in Scottsdale at the Westin Kierland.

Hina Schneider said...

Oh how fun! A getaway is always such a good thing if it not too expensive. Love the pics they are super cute. Bummer about the sunburn, it looks like it is going to hurt.

Bev said...

OUCH!
But I'm sure it was all worth it to get away from the real life for awhile. What a wonderful fam you have!

Vicki Johnson said...

So fun Girl!!
What book did you finish!!
Tell ♥

pete/chris whipple said...

Looks as though you all had such a nice time!

Turleygirl said...

Vicki, It was book 10 of the Pendragon series. Have you read them?