Sunday, June 28, 2009

Kindness Matters


I take dinner to my grandparents on Sunday afternoons and while I was there today the young men came to bring them the sacrament. My grandparents are pretty much home bound now and haven't been able to attend church for years. I was so glad that I was able to be there for this as I was touched by the willingness of these young men aged 16-17 and the kindness they showed my grandparents. They didn't just come in and get down to business. They visited with them a little and asked how they were doing and you could tell that they had been there before. They even hugged them when they left. When theses boys offered the prayers to bless the bread and water the spirit was so strong that I could never deny it. My eyes teared up and I was so thankful to these two young teenage boys who had taken the time to do this for my grandparents. There are good people in the world and kind acts of service are rendered every day. I am just glad that I got to witness this one. Thank you to all of the young men in the world who take the time to do this. I hope you know how great we all think you are. Keep up the good work!!!

3 comments:

pete/chris whipple said...

I know Mom and Dad appreciate and love their service as well...nice post.

Wyatts said...

That is great! I'm glad you got to witness that as well! I was at there house on a Sunday as well one time (gosh maybe 2 yrs ago?) and they came then too! Glad your taking care of them and showing some kindness too by feeding them.

How's my boy by the way? I expect to see a pic of him in the pool soon. I figure there and the wii is where they will spend most of there time!

Vicki Johnson said...