Friday, April 24, 2009

Road Trip

I just recently returned from a road trip to Utah. There were 7 of us who traveled together to attend the funeral of Tiffani's (my sister in law) Mother who passed away after a long battle with cancer. She was so young, only 53. I am so glad that I went and was deeply enriched by attending. I enjoy funerals simply for the reason that you get to hear all kinds of interesting facts about them. Plus the spirit is always so strong and I love to feel that. Tiffani is the oldest and here she is below with her two sisters. They also have a brother who is not pictured here.
Torrin & Tatum


This was a very amusing part of the trip. Tiffani's dad has quite a bit of property there and a large collection of old cars. Well, one afternoon while there they decided to blow up this old blue station wagon. Here is a before picture of the beauty.



Ok, so these are a little out of order but below is one of the doors that was blown off in the explosion and landed quite a ways away.



Here is the same blue station wagon after the explosion. You can hardly even tell that it was ever a car.


Here is a short clip of the explosion. You will see from the video that as soon as it ignites I kind of chickened out. It was not intentional. My natural instincts just kicked in and I ran for cover.




In this second video I turned my camera back on to try and capture some of what it looked like. It was pretty cool to watch. Small town fun is usually very entertaining.



1 comment:

Wyatts said...

Glad you had a nice trip. That was cool of the "blow-up". I had to call in Vin and Caden to see it. What did he blow it up with?