Monday, April 27, 2009

Our new lawnmower

Jaron has been given the responsibility of mowing the lawn each week. He does a great job. Our lawnmower is getting older but still works so it's hard to justify getting a new one. Well, some of his friends have 'riding lawnmowers'. He has really been wanting us to get one. Richard decided that since Jaron does so well in school and always gets his chores done on time that a riding lawn mower would help him get the yard work done quicker so he would have more time for the chores inside the house. SO, being the handy sort of guy that Richard is, he made him a riding lawn mower. I guess we thought Jaron would be so excited or do something to atleast show his appreciation. To this day we have never been able to understand why teenagers are so hard to please.

7 comments:

Bev said...

This is hilarious!! Richard....you go! No wonder the kids love you!!

pete/chris whipple said...

Jaron, I don't see why you wouldn't be excited!!!

Wyatts said...

I want one too! Make one for me Richard.

Wendi said...

Oh my word, how funny is that!!! One day these children will appreciate all that we do for them don't you think!!! You're the best.

Joel and Lisa Wagenman said...

I know - kids are so ungrateful! You guys are so funny! Richard is one of only a few people I know who would go to so much trouble for a joke.....it's a joke right?

Vanessa Shannon said...

That is so funny....am I dork for wondering if Richard really made that? LOL!!! Btw...the video on my blog is found on youtube and not itunes. Go to you tube and search jon schmidt love story and it should come up. Or you can go to jonschmidt.com and he has it on there too...its great and worth watching.

Turleygirl said...

Yes, the whole thing was a joke. He didn't really make that. I got it in an email and thought it was so funny. It is not a joke that Jaron does mow the lawn each week and does a fine job with our current mower. However, we have a push mower just sitting in a shed. Richard is determined to build one now. I'll keep you all posted.