Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dinner Party

I have been taking dinner in to my grandparents once a week and lately it's been on Sunday. Well today we decided to bring them to our house and we invited my parents as well. We had hawaiian haystacks and homemade ice cream. It was a delightful time. It is so hard for me to catch a picture of Richard not making one of his silly faces. As you can see I did not succeed tonight or maybe I did. (lol)
Grandpa has a special corner of his heart reserved just for Camdon. He sure gets a kick out of him. After dinner we all came in to visit. After my grandpa had been here for about an hour he said to grandma "This is a real nice cafe to have a room like this for all of us to sit around and visit". My grandma just chuckled and said very nicely, "Carl, this is Marcy's house and we had dinner in her dining room, this is not a cafe." He is such a sweet, sweet man. His memory is just not what it used to be. My grandma is very loving to him and it's sweet to watch.
Camdon with his Great Grandpa


Trevon with my Dad


Jaron with my Mom (she was awake, I just caught her with her eyes closed)







3 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

Marcy, I just love it that you are doing that for them. Taking them dinner each week may seem like a small thing but it probably makes their day! It is hard to hear about the "aging process" in Grandpa...knowing that the next time I see him he may barely remember me :( ....

Tamra and Jim said...

How nice for you to invite your family to your "cafe" for lunch. I bet it was delicious, if you cook like your Mom does!

Wyatts said...

What a nice thing. I had to chuckle and got a little teary eyed about Gpa and his memory. I wish I lived closer for times like these!