Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Exciting News

Last year (as in Jan. 2010) after Christmas we decided to tear out all of our old tile. It was white & glossy & so hard to keep clean. Not to mention really slick when it's wet. Ya there is a funny story behind that but we wont get into it today. Anyhow, for many different reasons from time to money and the heat to being too busy we lived with the concrete look for a year.
For Christmas this year I asked if we could pretty please get the new tile in. We went with travertine and I really wanted this border around the edges. I was informed that this would be alot of extra work. However, I like things to be different and unique and so Richard being the nice guy that he is went the extra mile. Thank you, thank you it looks so good.
He is constantly reminding me that he is not a proffesional at this but I think it looks amazing and that he has done a fantabulous job!!! It isn't finished yet. It hasn't been grouted and we still need to get the trim up but I had to give you a sneak peak at the new flooring.
What do you think?




2 comments:

Bev said...

Love it! If he's anything like his dad he can do anything and do it well.

pete/chris whipple said...

Looks so pretty and finished already!!! GREAT job Richard and I bet a son or two helped!