Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'm happy because I choose to be

Part 1 - I headed out on my bike tonight just before dusk. This is my favorite time to be outdoors (not sure why). It was a beautiful ride because just to the east which is the direction I was heading there was a storm a brewin' and I do love summer storms. You could see rain in the distance and a rainbow. It was so beautiful. There was a breeze blowing and I just felt so grateful to be alive & healthy, enjoying the beauty all around me. Sometimes you can just feel overwhelmed with life but I decided on this ride, "I'm happy because I choose to be". Simple as that.
Part 2 - I was pretty hot & sweaty when I got home so I jumped in the shower, put my suit on & headed out to the pool. It felt soooo good.... just cool & relaxing. After a few minutes Camdon came out and here is how our conversation went.
C- Hi Mom. Can I join you in the pool? (I love that he is so polite to ask)
M- Sure, come on out.
C - You aren't planning to get out soon, are you?
M - No, I will be in here for awhile. Why?
C - Ok good because I just want to be with you.
This is the part when my heart melted. I love this boy and I especially love that he still likes to be with me. Hope you are lucky enough to have someone like this in your life.

5 comments:

Wyatts said...

Very Well Said! And Camdon-Your such a sweetie! Your mom has the perfect baby! ok-I know your 10 but your still her baby!

Vanessa Shannon said...

Ian and Camdon were twins separated at birth.... Ok, I know thats not possible but still, it sounds just like Ian. We are lucky gals to have such sweethearts as sons :) I also love your title, "happy because I choose to be". I definitely think being happy is a choice sometimes...

Tamra and Jim said...

That CAmdon is a very special boy indeed. You're blessed to have him.

pete/chris whipple said...

Glad you are enjoying the beauty of nature, riding and of course your prized creation of a child!

LaDonna said...

I sure love that boy of yours.
Thanks for sharing him with me once a week. Wish it was more.