Wednesday, July 21, 2010

CaMdoN the RocKeR


This is the real deal. I assure you it is not a photo that has been photoshopped. Camdon really does have a mohawk. Yes, this all came about on Monday when his Aunt Carrie was fulfilling her end of the deal to give Camdon his long awaited mohawk. He wanted it to be red, white & blue but it was decided that bleach may not be the best thing so he got 2 colors. He went to the mall with me Monday evening and I had gotten used to it so didn't think a thing when we headed in. After a few minutes I felt like everyone was staring at me and giving me really funny looks. I thought to myself... Is my shirt on backwards? Do I have 2 different shoes on? Oh please tell me I don't have t.p. hanging out my pants. Then I looked at Camdon and realized it was his mohawk. Yep, I was actually getting dirty looks from people (mostly older women) who were shaking their heads and probably saying 'What was she thinking letting her little boy get that haircut?' It was an interesting lesson to me about pre-judging people based on their appearance. On one hand, I couldnt help but agree with them. Appearance can be important, especially when applying for a job & such. However, it also clinched the old saying "You can't judge a book by it's cover".
Well, despite the looks he got (which he didn't even seem to notice & I said nothing) he is loving it!!! We went in the pet store which is his favorite place to go and when exiting he said, "Mom, did you see that girl in there that was my age?" I replied that no I hadn't noticed her. He said, "Well, she was checking me out and I'm pretty sure it was the mohawk". Funny kid!!! He makes me laugh. The mohawk will be short lived for all of you concerned folk, about 10 days. He does get to go to church one week with it (should be interesting) and he gets to wear it to our Family Reunion. Upon our return and school starting he will be shaving it off and can enjoy the rest of our hot summer with a buzz.

2 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

That's awesome! I offered to let Ian do the same thing at the beginning of summer but he said "thats not my thing mom".... I have to say at one point I might have been one of those "curious onlookers" but at some point realized that its just hair and thankfully it does grow back! I cant wait to hear the reactions at church....in a Utah ward, well, lets just say tongues would be wagging, LOL!! I love your hair Camdon :)

Mandy said...

LOVE IT! Good for you for letting him get that. It's only hair... we do need to do lunch as soon as school starts..