Saturday, July 25, 2009

You don't see this everyday

Richard, Jaron, Trevon & I had a scout jamboree meeting this afternoon. While in that area we decided to check out this new grocery store. It is called 'Pro's Ranch Market'. It caters to the Hispanic community. It was such a cool grocery store. We got our flavored juice drinks. I had cantaloupe, Richard had guava & Jaron & Trevon both got horchata. We also had lunch/dinner there. It was delicious! We will totally have to go there again. We walked around and checked out the whole place. The bakery was amazing!!! However, while in the meat department, this cow head certainly caught my eye and I just had to take a picture. If you can believe it, this delicacy was not just decoration. It was actually for sale. For just $29.99 he can be yours. Someone please tell me, what in the world would you do with something like this?

4 comments:

Vanessa Shannon said...

That is disgusting Marcy...it looks more like a horse! Ew. Sorry, but sometimes people eat the weirdest things. It was like being in Korea and seeing "dog" on the menu. Ugh.

Bev said...

Tell me I just didn't see that!?!?
We've been to that market, it's like taking a field trip to Mexico!
Interesting stuff.

pete/chris whipple said...

Boiled horse??!! double eww! Sounds like a very fun, interesting afternoon!!!

VICKI IN AZ said...

Yuck!