Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I heart my Garden

The garden is still growing strong and I love caring for it. The cucumbers are seriously multiplying. The foilage from the cucs is by far my favorite. I just love to peak down through it and find all of the cucumbers. They are crisp and oh so good.
I also love to see these little cherry tomatoes in all of their stages of ripeness. Simply beautiful to me. Call me strange, I just don't care. Love them! Jaron has always loved tomatoes, especially this size, he eats them like grapes. Good thing I pick a bowl a day.


These yellow bell peppers are just starting to ripen and turn. Can't wait to taste them.


The peppers are beginning to ripen as well. My mouth is watering thinking about how good they will be.


Remember my snap peas that I planted late. Well they are coming up nicely and doing well despite the heat. Yeah for shade!



There is one particular plant in my garden that is by far the largest. I am amazed by the size of the leafs. Seriously, look at this one leaf (and there are about 15 others this size on the same plant). I put my thumb at the bottom of it to show you just how big it is. I'm thinking it must be the location of the garden because I have other plants that are the exact same variety and they are a 1/3 of this size. It is an acorn squash plant by the way.


I love picking all of the fresh produce. This is what I harvested yesterday. Pretty typical of what I get daily. I love sharing with friends and family. It is more than we can eat daily. If you haven't had a chance to get some and would like to, please let me know.



The radishes are so large (maybe I should have picked them sooner???) but they taste super good. You can see that some of them are even longer than my thumb.


Did I mention that I am really enjoying my garden? Maybe just once or twice.

2 comments:

Tamra and Jim said...

You definitely have a green thumb! Jim is our gardener. We are a month or more behind yours but it's coming along.

Mandy said...

I am so jealous of your garden! Mine is so small compared to yours! Very impressed! I do have strawberries though. :)