Sunday, January 17, 2010

A trip to ShowLow

Camdon & I took a trip to ShowLow this past week to visit my sister & her family. We had a great time! It had been a long time since we had been to see them. It was fun & relaxing to just hang out & visit. Here is Camdon helping Carder to build a tower.
This story that goes with this picture cracks me up. LoraLeigh & I went out one of the evenings for a sisters night out I guess you say. Well we headed out & when we were almost to the movie LL realized that she had the wrong shoes on. She headed out to get some wood outside before we left & had slipped these shoes on. She meant to change them & forgot. We laughed & laughed about this. We don't expect the guys to appreciate the humor in this but the girls will understand that you just dont wear blue & white polka dot shoes with gray & black. I took the picture after our fun evening when we had returned home. Btw, we saw Leap Year (cute movie) and had dinner at Mtn. Thai (very good). LL is about 3 weeks from having her 4th baby, doesn't she look amazing!
These two cute kids (Carder & Kamrielle) amazed with their boundless energy each morning. They hadn't even been awake for 10 minutes and were already performing for us. Sooo cute!!!
Meet the newest addition to the household, he is huge!
Caden & Camdon had a battle one morning and each had to build their fortress. Kamrielle even got involved in this one.
Camdon peeking out from his hide-out.
Caden inside his hide-out.
Our last day in town we headed over to the cemetary. Camdon was excited to play in the little bit of snow that was lingering from the last storm.
We wanted to take some fresh looking flowers to my sister Melissa's gravesite. She passed away 14 years earlier on this day, January 16th.
It was a nice way to end a great week.
We sure do miss her
and wanted to do something nice to honor our great memories with a dear sister.

5 comments:

Bev said...

Nice tribute to your sisters....and I love her shoes!!

Vanessa Shannon said...

Love the shoes story, and yes LL does look amazing! I cant believe she is only 3 weeks away! She's tiny! You look great too...I just love the hair still...I dont think you should ever go back. Glad you had a nice weekend....

Wendi said...

sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Thanks so much for coming today to hear Jordan. I really do appreciate it and so does he. Can't wait for the big "well you know" I will call when I figure things out and can breath again!!!

The Welker Family said...

So fun that you got to go have sister time! You BOTH look GREAT!! I'm so excited for her to be having her 4th!! The shoes story is funny - sooo something that would happen to me! And your "Gay" story is hilarious!

Wyatts said...

That was a fun post to read and remember. I definately laughed out loud again about the "shoe thing" too funny. It was so nice having you guys here and we missed you right away after you were gone! The kids are enjoying there fun you brought them and Kamrielle shows everyone her "mexico" scrapbook she made to anyone who comes over. She is also enjoying the new music you left for her.