Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Surprise

This evening as we were wrapping presents we received a knock on the door around 10:30. No one was there but this adorable house was left behind with a note that said. "Merry Christmas to the Turley family! I'll see you on Sunday but you won't see me!" We have absolutely no idea who it could have been but it was so much fun to have that surprise. Also, we are totally AmaZeD at the detail that went into this little house. It is hard to capture on camera but I did my best. Notice the gumdrop light at the top. A quite impressive little detail.
Also above you will notice the detail that went into the fence along the front including the gate. Below is the the best view of the elk which is shaped out of frosting. Wow, the time that it must have taken to make that. The little rock (jellybean) wall along the side. Sooo cute.
The roof top was beautiful, I don't even know what they used to make it. The picture below I took to capture the bird in the bottom left corner sitting on another portion of rock wall. This bird is also made from frosting and there were several of them. I am amazed at the time someone spent on creating this masterpiece and then they gave it away and won't even get any credit for it. Well, if they happen to read my blog I want them to know that we LOVED it and we APPRECIATE the fine craftsmanship. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.


Another fun thing I received today which wasnt a total surprise. This basket of handmade soaps. At our Relief Society meeting in December we did a white elephant exchange where we had to write down a service that we could do for someone else as our gift. Well, the gift that I received was that she would make me some handmade soaps. So, today this basket came filled with the most beautiful soaps I have ever seen. The colors are so vibrant and they smell heavenly. I almost couldnt believe that they were handmade. However, they are and Ila Reynolds I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am so happy to be the recipient of such a beautiful gift.

I had to take a picture of a few of my favorites close-up. Aren't they just beautiful?
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

2 comments:

pete/chris whipple said...

So very nice... I didn't make the snow hats, Tamra did...I just bought them from her!

LaDonna said...

That Gingerbread House is amazing.
We didn't make any this year... I miss it. You're a lucky girl.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Have a Happy New Year!