Monday, September 20, 2010

Arrow of Light

Oh boy do I love that face! Camdon just completed the cub scout program and has moved on to boy scouts. We are very proud of him & his hard work.
After 8+ yrs of cub scouts (from Jaron to Camdon) and pack meetings this was our last one and while they are always entertaining and full of fun for the whole family I must say that there were no tears. Is that bad?
They were learning about team work and cooperation which is the reason for the partner games. He really liked the human wheelbarrow relay.
with some of the the other boys in his pack.
The great excitement of the night was that he earned his Arrow of Light and we couldn't be more proud. Here he is presenting me with my pin for being his helper.
He got to cross the bridge which symbolizes him leaving the cub scout program and heading into the boy scout program. This is his new leader.
Grandpa & Grandma Whipple came for the event. Thanks for your support.
Here he is with his cub leaders. They were AweSoMe!!!
Way to go Camdon, keep up the good work!

3 comments:

pete/chris whipple said...

NO! That isn't bad.. Anyway, the kids sure have fun and the program is great! So glad we came...I love that boy too!

Lisa said...

Marcy!!! where has time gone our little boys are turning into young men. Konner really had a wonderful time with him at the 11 yr old campout. I am sad this will be there last week together as a group. we have a new 11 yr old scout leader so we will no longer meet with your ward. Oh it is really weird seeing the wonderful people for my ward in your ward now. I love LaDonna she is so awesome.

LaDonna said...

Marcy I'm gonna try real hard not to be offended that you didn't shed a tear at the thought of being done with Cub Scouts haha.
That thought would make me baul my eyes out!!!
I'm gonna really miss that boy of yours. He's such a riot! Love his personality so much.
Lisa you are too kind. We sure miss all you guys in Northpoint ward!
Congrats to Camdon! He did it.